- Self-love will be a tempest in disguise, mistaken for my love for others which will come easier to me than loving myself
- Shivering knees, sweaty hands, treated as maladies for 20 years are still all mine to love and look after. I am more than just an echo of my anatomy.
- Lilac skies, fairy lights are a human, a real person in this mad world and not just double taps and comments.
- My poems will stay, s t a y as coffins of unfulfilled, unrequited, yet unerring promises of love
- I am not afraid of love, no I am not afraid of you. I am afraid of being the only one to witness the ashes after it has all burnt down.
This poem was written and formatted in less than 2 hours, based on a prompt given by Madhura Sonegaonkar.